Saturday, October 15, 2011

CO-MODIFIED EXPERIENCE

"So I take this picture... hold on... yeah hold the rake... ok there. So I take this picture, right? And maybe in 50 years, or ok let's say 30 years I show this to my kids. They see you, they see this space, and instantly construct this idea of who I was and what life was like for me back then. But it's not..."
"It's not real."
"No! But they have to live up to it. I feel like I'm trying emulate this image of my parents that never existed. See they never took any pictures, so I'm kind of left guessing. It's just, I have this need to investigate people, I'm always asking my mom "what did you do" "what were you like??" It's almost some kind of affirmation."
"And so a picture helps pass you on?"
"Well no, it's more of a point of departure from which they construct another me. See it's all just layers and layers of superpositions, that's all we are. And so now I have this, this artifact, and it has its own meaning to me. I'll remember standing here with you, in Ellie's installation, covered in mud, tripping on 2CP."
"The memory is saved, yet forever warped."
"Because the picture becomes the memory. Exactly."

"High Conversations"
(c) Sean and Rachel 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment